Monday, April 14, 2008

Sweet Chex Mix


Albertson's has a great sale on breakfast cereal and so after seeing all the cereal at my parents on Saturday we were craving this sweet chex mix. We actually made 4 batches of this stuff it's that good. That's 48 cups of cereal!

Sweet Chex Mix

  • 1 1/2 c butter
  • 1 c white kayro syrup
  • 1 c sugar
  • 3 c rice chex
  • 3 c corn chex
  • 6 c golden grahams
  • 1/2 c coconut (we doubled the coconut and I'll probably add even more next time)
  • slivered almonds (we used about 1/2 c. for one batch but I'll double this next time to about 1 c. per batch)
  1. In large bowl combine cereals, coconut and almonds
  2. In saucepan combine butter, sugar and kayro
  3. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes
  4. Pour over cereal mixture
  5. Spread on wax paper till slightly dry to touch
  6. Separate into bite-sized clusters

1 comments:

The Peterson Family said...

Hi April, Thanks for stopping by our blog and leaving a sweet comment. Yes, we missed you at the last party but hopefully you can make it the next one. I did see pics of your little ones though! How cute! Geeze, you are on top of this blogging thing with two blogs!! Wow, I can barely do the one. I think I am addicted to blogging! I am on it several times a day. Anyway, if it's ok I am going to add your link to my blog so that I can find you easily next time. Keep posting the yummy recipes as I am all about good eats!! See you soon! (May 31st)

BTW... We make this Chex Mix recipe too and our Family calls it Dog Food. That sounds kind of silly but it sure tastes good!! We love it!!