Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Strawberry Flat Cake



I've been making a lot of desserts with strawberries since they've been on sale the last couple weeks. This was my first time making this recipe but I'm sure I'll be making it again.

Strawberry Flat Cake

  • 1 white cake mix
  • 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 c. powdered sugar
  • 8oz. cool whip
  • 1tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 box Danish Dessert, strawberry flavor
  • 4 c. sliced strawberries
Cake - Mix according to directions on the box. Pour batter into flat jellyroll pan (I used a 9X13 since I was only feeding a small group) and spread evenly. Bake at temperature indicated on box. Cake should be done after about 25 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle. Let cool.

White Topping - Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice with electric mixer. Mix in cool whip and beat until well mixed and fluffy.

Strawberry Topping
- Cook Danish Dessert according to "pie glaze" directions on the back of the box. When you are ready to eat, spread white topping on top of cake and then put strawberry topping on top of white topping.

0 comments: