Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love the Nestle Tollhouse recipe but I thought I would give this a try and see how it compares. Overall I didn't notice much of a difference in taste but the look and texture was better with this recipe.

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1 lb. butter (4 sticks)
  • 1 1/2 c. white sugar
  • 2 c. brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 T. vanilla
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 6 c. flour
  • 3-6 c. chocolate chips (I used 5 c.)
  • 2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
First cream the butter and sugar together for 10 minutes. It's important that you cream these 3 ingredients for at least 10 minutes.
Add the eggs and cream for another 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
(This was a lot of cookie dough and so I had to transfer everything from my mixer bowl into a large bowl and mix the last little bit of flour and chocolate chips by hand.)
I love using this scoop for cookies. I got this at Wal-mart. I also use a silpat because nothing sticks to it and cleanup is really easy. I cook everything on them.
Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove them to a cooling rack.
I was able to make 9 1/2 dozen cookies with this recipe. I placed 4 1/2 dozen on another silpat and cookie sheet (below) and flash freezed them. Then I can put them in a ziploc in the freezer and pull out however many I want whenever I want. If you don't have a silpat just put them on wax paper so they don't stick.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you to the person who invented the Silpat, they are my hero!

Melanie said...

Uh hem, any cookie dough left? :)

The Peterson Family said...

These look yummy!! I've never heard of a silpat?! Guess that would be because I'm not much of a cooker/baker like I wished I was. I love food to much I think and that wouldnt be the best hobbie for me!! I would a billion pounds!! Anyway, I'm thinking that this should be your food assingnment for the Fiesta in two weeks!! I am such a lover of cakes and cookies!! My Fav!!