Thursday, June 12, 2008

Peanut Butter Bars

I was in the mood for chocolate and peanut butter and I had all of the ingredients on hand so I had to make these. I use to make them all the time when I was growing up and so it was fun to make them again.

Peanut Butter Bars

  • 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
  • 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 4 tablespoons peanut butter

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13" baking pan.

I use the boxed graham cracker crumbs that you can buy.

In the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, melt the chocolate chips with the 4 tablespoons peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. (I melted this in the microwave in 30 second intervals) Spread on top of the mixture in the baking pan.

Refrigerate for about 1 hour before cutting into bars.

2 comments:

Amber said...

These are my favorite, I love them so much! I was in a baking mood last night and made lemon cupcakes again, thats kind of funny!

Amber said...

P.S.-Thank you to whoever decided to crush the graham cracker crumbs for me!