Friday, March 14, 2008

Swirled Cheesecake Nibbles


These are so good! They're my go-to dessert because they're so quick and easy to make. I've already made them twice this week alone.

Swirled Cheesecake Nibbles

  • 36 vanilla wafers
  • 10 oz pkg Nestles Swirled white and choc morsels
  • 2 pkgs (8 oz ea) cream cheese, room temp. (now I like these because they're quick and I don't always have time to wait for the cream cheese to come room temp. and so I cheat and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds just to soften it up)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Place 36 2-inch foil bake cups on baking sheet(s) with sides. Place one vanilla wafer, flat side down, on bottom of each cup. Place 5 to 6 morsels on top of each wafer.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Spoon heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture into each bake cup.

Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until just set and not browned. Remove from oven to wire rack. While still warm, top cheesecake with more morsels. Morsels will soften but retain their shape. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate.
Now I had stockpiled these wonderful 2-inch foil baking cups about a year ago because they were only available at Smith's at the time. Well I just ran out earlier this week and come to find out no one carries them anymore. The only place to buy them is online. If you're interested here is the link. I make them enough that it was worth buying a stockpile and they're in the mail as we speak. You can buy the 2 1/2-inch baking cups that are available everywhere but the recipe will only make 20 instead of 30 cheesecakes and the cookies won't fill the bottom of the cup. I just love how perfect the cookies fit inside the 2-inch cups and I can feed more people but don't worry about buying the 2 1/2-inch cups. They'll work fine.

So this is what the 2 1/2-inch cups look like with the cookie and chocolate chips.

Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally to make sure you don't get lumps. Cheesecake batter loves to stick to the side of the bowl and get lumpy.
Now you fill the cups with the batter and bake. After baking place 3 morsels on top of each cheesecake and refrigerate. I promise you'll love them, as long as you like cheesecake of course.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I don't take credit for the recipe, but aren't you glad I shared it with you? I can't wait to bake your cheesecake for your birthday!