Thursday, January 13, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan

So easy but so yummy!

We like to roast broccoli in the oven with a little salt or garlic salt but I had never tried cauliflower. My grandma has a recipe for a cauliflower side dish that has a white sauce, cheese and bread crumbs on top that I love but it's time consuming to make. I can't tell you how much we LOVED this roasted cauliflower. Even the few pieces that didn't have parmesan cheese on them were amazing. It makes the cauliflower have a sweet roasted flavor. Matt and I couldn't stop snacking on what was left after dinner. We also tried THIS pasta with chicken instead of shrimp and mushrooms and it was good but to be honest I loved the cauliflower more.


Roasted Cauliflower

(serves 4 as side dish)

1 head of cauliflower
2 T olive oil
salt
grated parmesan


Preheat oven 375.

Cut cauliflower into little evenly-sized florets. Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil and some salt. Roast for 15-20 minutes until tops are a little golden brown and florets are soft. Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated parmesan.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Justin and I made your cauliflower and it was so good!!!! Loved it!