Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sausage Breakfast Casserole

My uncle (he's an amazing cook) made this breakfast casserole a couple of months ago and I loved it! I've now made it twice and both times I've forgotten to take a picture. So no picture but just imagine a breakfast casserole, they kind of all look the same anyways, but this one tastes much better! And I love that I can make it the night before and since it makes more than enough for the 4 of us we have breakfast for a couple of days.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
  • 2 12oz. pkgs. Jimmy Dean Sausage (mild)
  • 1 sm. onion (I use 1/3 c. dried onion)
  • 2 1/2 c. Pepperidge Farm Seasoned Stuffing Croutons (in a bag by the stuffing)
  • 2 c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I've used sharp and mild so whatever you have on hand)
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 c. milk
  • 1 c. heavy cream
  • 1 t. dry mustard (I didn't have this)
  • 1/4 t. pepper
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup mix
  • 1 c. sour cream

Cook onion and sausage and drain drippings on paper towel. Arrange Stuffing Croutons on bottom of lightly buttered 9X13 baking dish. Spread sausage and onion over baking dish evenly. Spread cheese on top of sausage. In a bowl mix eggs, milk 1/2 c. of the heavy cream, dry mustard and pepper until well mixed. Pour over the top of the cheese, sausage, stuffing mixture. Cover and put in the fridge overnight.

In the morning mix cream of mushroom soup with the sour cream and 1/2 c. of heavy cream and spread on top. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

0 comments: